The CPMS Working Group of the Alliance is pleased to announce the launch of the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS) e-Learning Course Prototype.
This three-module course is designed to:
- Increase your knowledge of the Child Protection Minimum Standards;
- Demonstrate how the Standards are applied in practice; and
- Assist you in recognising how the CPMS can help guide your work.
This e-learning course is useful for all child protection workers currently working in humanitarian settings or interested in preparing themselves to do so. The topics covered include:
- Introduction to the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS);
- Principles and approaches (i.e. CPMS, UN CRC Principles and the Sphere Protection Principles); and
- The individual CPMS standards.
This pilot version currently addresses only one CPMS standard – Standard 8: Physical Violence and Other Harmful Practices. In the future, all 26 standards will be covered in individual modules.
The e-Learning course can be accessed here.